Yeah I’m not too happy about this either. I mean I don’t mind the draft. The lead-up to the draft is beyond ridiculous and the Combine is creepy as fuck but the draft itself is some solid stuff…at least the first two days. The last day is…well, it’s something that’s for sure. I can whip through it on the PVR in like an hour. It’s good on fast-forward.
So the reason I am unhappy is doing this post means we are at the end of another football year. Well almost. We got the Pro Bowl ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha sorry I couldn’t say that with a straight face. For normal football fans we have the Super Bowl obviously and the Senior Bowl this weekend which I will discuss later in this post. For now, let’s get to my first mock draft:
- Only did the first round this time around. Will probably stick with that the first few mocks and then afterwards include the second round. I will not do like a dozen mocks. That’s absurd. I did five last year and I wonder if that might have been too much as well.
- I am not giving into the Josh Allen hype. Yes, he’s a good quarterback but I don’t think he’s better than Darnold or Rosen. He should still get his name called somewhere mid-first round.
- Honestly I believe Josh Rosen is a more polished quarterback than Sam Darnold but he has made it abundantly clear they he does not want to play in Cleveland. The Browns are a shitty franchise but even they have to see the potential John Elway situation and tell themselves it’s best to steer clear of this one. It helps that Darnold should still be a good pick.
- There will be trades. I know there will be. There was last year that set up situations like the Bills picking twice in a row in this draft’s first round. I am not including any potential trades. At all. Once they happen I will curse and then re-do my draft board (that sounds so douchey to say).
- What should my reward be if I get like half of these picks right three months before the draft occurs? Actually, you know what…I’m not gonna go there.
This Saturday is the final college football anything of the season as we get to see the Senior Bowl on the NFL Network. Starts at 2:30. Again they have some weird variation on rules but it’s still college football. As long as it’s a good game I don’t mind at all. And yes the Pro Bowl is on Sunday at 3:00 on ABC and TSN2. I will not be watching it.
Next week there’s an important game supposedly. I might look into that next week. Enjoy the rest of your week (and weekend) everyone!