Yep Aaron Rodgers is ready to return just in time for the final three weeks of the season. And just in time for the Packers’ last gasp to make the playoffs since somehow they aren’t out of it yet. If they were in the AFC they’d probably be in the Wild Card spot right now but that’s a story for below. The Cheeseheads should be pleased now. They can strip to their thermal underwear (with a big Packers logo painted on their chest) in happiness now…while they down their eighth beer.
Alright it’s schedule time! We have Thursday and Saturday games this week so let’s get going on this:
|Denver at Indianapolis||8:30, NBC, TSN1/4/5, CTV Two|
|Chicago at Detroit||4:30, TSN1/3/4|
|LA Chargers at Kansas City||8:00, TSN1/3/4|
|New England at Pittsburgh||All affiliates (except Seattle)||All affiliates (except BC & Atlantic)||Atlantic|
|Tennessee at San Francisco|
|LA Rams at Seattle||Tacoma, Seattle, Spokane, Minneapolis, Buffalo||BC||TSN5|
|Dallas at Oakland||Sunday, 8:30, NBC, TSN1/3/4, CTV Two|
|Atlanta at Tampa Bay||Monday, 8:30, TSN1/3/4/5|
Non-A-A-Ron Things and Stuff
- Three games not being seen here. Maybe the Texans-Jags matchup would be worth watching but it’s not a huge deal to miss that one.
- Cross-flex doesn’t effect us for once. Not that it matters but some people get all bent out of shape about it.
- Saturday NFL football. I’ll be most likely watching bowl games but if they become unwatchable (i.e. not close) I will probably tune to either of the two professional football games of the day. First one should be shit but the second game has a ton of intrigue for sure.
- This is the time of year where the NFL normally expands outside it’s Sunday and Monday Night boundaries. People expect it. They kind of like it especially with how busy things can get this season. Not the first fourteen weeks of the year where Thursday Night Football seems like more of an annoyance than anything.
- Speaking of Thursday Night Football this is the last TNF game of the season. Thank god.
- They really stretched with the Sunday Night Football game this week. I guess it’s more “two mediocre teams with rabid fanbases” than anything because neither of these teams should sniff a SNF game this late in the season.
Hey let’s update the playoff picture now that this is becoming VERY important!
|#1 – Pittsburgh (AFC North champ)||#1 – Philadelphia (NFC East champ)|
|#2 – New England (AFC East champ)||#2 – Minnesota (NFC North champ)|
|#3 – Jacksonville (AFC South champ)||#3 – LA Rams (NFC West champ)|
|#4 – Kansas City/LA Chargers (AFC West champ)||#4 – New Orleans (NFC South champ)|
|Wild Cards:||Wild Cards:|
|#5 – Tennessee||#5 – Carolina|
|#6 – Buffalo/Baltimore/Kansas City/LA Chargers||#6 – Seattle/Atlanta|
And now you’re eliminated list before we get to some brief analysis:
- NY Giants
- San Francisco
- Tampa Bay
Nine teams eliminated from playoff contention and we still have three games to go. Wow. Alright, clinching and eliminated scenarios…GO!
- Pittsburgh clinches with a win AND a Jacksonville loss
- Philadelphia clinches with a win AND a Minnesota loss
- Pittsburgh clinches with a win OR a Jacksonville loss
- Philadelphia clinches with a win
- New England clinches the AFC East with a win OR a Buffalo loss
- Minnesota clinches the NFC North with a win OR (a Detroit loss AND a Green Bay loss)
- New England clinches with a Baltimore loss
- Jacksonville clinches with a win OR (a Buffalo loss AND a Baltimore loss)
- Minnesota clinches with a (Seattle loss AND an Atlanta loss AND a New Orleans loss) OR (a Seattle loss AND a Carolina loss AND an Atlanta loss) OR (a Seattle loss AND an Atlanta loss AND a Detroit loss)
- LA Rams clinch with a win AND a Detroit loss AND a Green Bay loss AND a New Orleans loss AND an Atlanta loss
- Cincinnati eliminated with a loss
- NY Jets eliminated with a loss
- Oakland eliminated with a loss AND a Kansas City win AND a Tennessee win AND a Baltimore win AND a Cincinnati win
- Arizona eliminated with a loss
- Dallas eliminated with a loss AND a New Orleans win AND a Carolina win AND an Atlanta win
- Detroit eliminated with a loss AND a Carolina win AND an Atlanta win
- Green Bay eliminated with a loss AND an Atlanta win
A lot can happen for sure. The NFL just has to hope for enough parity into Week 17 to make that Sunday exciting (plus it will be New Year’s Eve so they should get a LOT more people watching). Enjoy the college and NFL games this weekend everyone!