Fully confirmed set of bowl games:
|Sugar Bowl||CFP Poll #1 vs. CFP Poll #4||Clemson vs. Alabama|
|Rose Bowl||CFP Poll #2 vs. CFP Poll #3||Oklahoma vs. Georgia|
|Peach Bowl||CFP At-Large vs. CFP At-Large||Auburn vs. UCF|
|Orange Bowl||ACC vs. Big Ten/SEC/Notre Dame||Miami vs. Wisconsin|
|Fiesta Bowl||CFP At-Large vs. CFP At-Large||Penn State vs. Washington|
|Cotton Bowl||CFP At-Large vs. CFP At-Large||USC vs. Ohio State|
|Citrus Bowl||SEC vs. Big Ten/ACC||LSU vs. Notre Dame|
|Outback Bowl||SEC vs. Big Ten||South Carolina vs. Michigan|
|Liberty Bowl||SEC vs. Big XII/American||Iowa State vs. Memphis|
|TaxSlayer Bowl||SEC vs. Big Ten/ACC||Mississippi State vs. Louisville|
|Arizona Bowl||MWC vs. Sun Belt||Utah State vs. New Mexico State|
|Music City Bowl||SEC vs. ACC/Big Ten||Kentucky vs. Northwestern|
|Sun Bowl||Pac-12 vs. ACC||Arizona State vs. NC State|
|Belk Bowl||SEC vs. ACC||Texas A&M vs. Wake Forest|
|Alamo Bowl||Pac-12 vs. Big XII||Stanford vs. TCU|
|Holiday Bowl||Big Ten vs. Pac-12||Michigan State vs. Washington State|
|Camping World Bowl||Big XII vs. ACC||Oklahoma State vs. Virginia Tech|
|Military Bowl||ACC vs. American||Virginia vs. Navy|
|Texas Bowl||SEC vs. Big XII||Missouri vs. Texas|
|Foster Farms Bowl||Big Ten vs. Pac-12||Purdue vs. Arizona|
|Pinstripe Bowl||Big Ten vs. ACC||Iowa vs. Boston College|
|Independence Bowl||SEC/Conference USA vs. ACC/American||Southern Miss vs. Florida State|
|Cactus Bowl||Pac-12/MWC vs. Big XII/MWC||UCLA vs. Kansas State|
|Quick Lane Bowl||Big Ten/MAC vs. ACC/MAC||Northern Illinois vs. Duke|
|Heart of Dallas Bowl||Big XII vs. Big Ten||West Virginia vs. Utah|
|Hawaii Bowl||MWC vs. American||Fresno State vs. Houston|
|Dollar General Bowl||MAC vs. Sun Belt||Toledo vs. Appalachian State|
|Armed Forces Bowl||Army vs. Conference USA||Army vs. San Diego State|
|Birmingham Bowl||SEC/ACC vs. American/ACC||Texas Tech vs. USF|
|Idaho Potato Bowl||MWC vs. MAC||Wyoming vs. Central Michigan|
|Bahamas Bowl||Conference USA vs. MAC||UAB vs. Ohio|
|Gasparilla Bowl||Conference USA/ACC vs. American/ACC||FIU vs. Temple|
|Frisco Bowl||American vs. Sun Belt||SMU vs. Louisiana Tech|
|Boca Raton Bowl||American vs. Conference USA||Akron vs. Florida Atlantic|
|Camellia Bowl||MAC vs. Sun Belt||Middle Tennessee vs. Arkansas State|
|New Mexico Bowl||MWC vs. Conference USA||Colorado State vs. Marshall|
|Las Vegas Bowl||Pac-12 vs. MWC||Oregon vs. Boise State|
|Cure Bowl||American vs. Sun Belt||Western Kentucky vs. Georgia State|
|New Orleans Bowl||Conference USA vs. Sun Belt||North Texas vs. Troy|
A few notes on this:
- Southern Miss will be Florida State’s opponent at the Independence Bowl.
- Kansas State’s opponent announced for the Cactus Bowl and it’s UCLA.
- So it looks like the CFP and NY6 (and a few of the other big bowl picks) caused havoc for some of the smaller bowls. Fun times. If they used my method (with some tweaking) then this maybe wouldn’t have happened.
- Looks like Louisiana Tech going to the Frisco Bowl to play SMU.
- So now Temple is not going to the all-Owl Boca Raton Bowl? See what I mean! They are now going to the Gasparilla Bowl. This is crazy.
- So now FAU gets the Akron Zips in the bowl game at home.
- West Virginia headed to the Heart of Dallas Bowl. Their opponent? Utah for some reason. Yeah fuck tie-ins right?
- So USU-NMSU was on for the Arizona Bowl. Then it wasn’t. Then people panicked a bit. They figured those teams weren’t going there. Now we’re back to square one and USU-NMSU is the Arizona Bowl lineup. My god.
- Did I mention Texas Tech bypassing all tie-in logic and playing USF in Birmingham? Maybe? I don’t even know anymore.
- Northern Illinois will play Duke at the Quick Lane Bowl. Curious that Western Michigan didn’t get the nod there.
- Middle Tennessee and Arkansas State invited to the Camellia Bowl. They accepted!
- Army gets UTSA in the Armed Forces Bowl. That actually should be a good one.
- FIU to play Temple at the Gasparilla Bowl on that SHITTY field in St. Pete. God the Trop is such a shithole.
- Thought UTSA was going to the Armed Forces Bowl. Someone confirmed it. Now, unconfirmed.
- Marshall gets a bid to the New Mexico Bowl. Another odd fit. As in not really a fit at all but hey, that’s bowl season for ya! They will play Colorado State.
- One of the last teams to get their bowl bid was San Diego State. At 10-2. This is messed. Anyway, they are the team that is going to the Armed Forces Bowl, not UTSA. Despite the fact the Mountain West doesn’t have a tie-in to the Armed Forces Bowl and Conference USA does.
- Who’s bowl-eligible but not bowling? Western Michigan, Buffalo and UTSA. Sucks for those teams but there’s only so many spots to fill.
Done. No analysis. No schedule. Nothing else. I’m too tired to post anymore. I will talk about this more this coming week (hopefully tomorrow).