Football every day for about a three-and-a-half week period is perfectly healthy, no?
Ah, MACtion. I do like it. Honestly. Saying that, I can understand why some in the MAC saying that there is no way to grow the league if it is being broadcast the way it is now. They are in a pickle. They get more money from ESPN than they ever could if they put most of their games on Saturdays; but, because of these MACtion games on weekdays, attendance is much lower. In some cases, there has been 10K+ drops from their Saturday games earlier in the season. It’s a quandary for sure. However…..weekday night football.
Anyway, I think I have discussed the above before so let’s get on to more pertinent information, meaning the MAC predictions followed by some Jibber Jabber (or perhaps Fiddle Faddle):
Jibber Jabber (with some Fiddle Faddle thrown in)
- I remember having Fiddle Faddle when I was younger. There was like four peanuts in the entire box. Are peanuts THAT expensive that they had to put so little in each box?
- Toledo will finally (FINALLY!) get back to the MAC title game for the first time since 2004. That’s a long time for a team that is almost always in the upper echelon of the MAC and is always good for an upset every two or three seasons.
- Lance Leipold may rue the day he decided that coaching at the FBS level would be a fun time and that that fun time would be in Buffalo. I can’t see the Bulls escaping the basement of the MAC and after the amazing success Leipold had at Wisconsin-Whitewater in D-III this has to feel really, REALLY shitty.
- Look at those standings. LOOK AT THEM! Only four bowl-eligible teams is what I predict for this conference. Maybe I should rethink my Conference USA stance (or even my Sun Belt stance) on which conference might be at the bottom.
- In the MAC East, it should be the same two teams as last season battling it out for the division title. I am sure this time around, Miami-OH won’t have the same horrific start to the season nor the amazing finish.
- To be perfectly honest, I don’t see the MAC Championship being close at all. I would expect if everything goes according to my predictions (which it won’t), Toledo should blow Ohio out of the water. They will be just on the outside looking in on a second consecutive MAC New Year’s Six spot with USF running the table over in the American Conference.
Short, sweet and to the point. Somewhat. OK not really at all. Doesn’t matter, conference predictions are over.
What’s left in Prediction Town? Bowl games, my Heisman ballot, the Hot Seat Report, and perhaps another post or two. Also, the NFL predictions are coming up. We are 11 days away from the first day. 11 days away! Now the question is where the hell these games are going to show up since the channels that used to hold the HD portions of the U.S. College Sports Package are now used up by new timeshifting Canadian channels. Yes because we all need those right? This is Bell’s response to DAZN getting the only rights to Sunday Ticket. So what do they do? Add all these channels so essentially you can receive every NFL game (that’s available on Canadian television). You will never get them all this way but you would get most of them. I just worry that because of Bell’s history of being a constant screwup in this regard that something will happen to the college football channels and I (along with many others) will be left out in the cold. I don’t even want to know what is going to happen over at Rogers. All this would be VERY upsetting for sure. Let’s hope it doesn’t happen. I will keep you all updated on this.