I might as well start numbering them now since I am sure I will do at least three of these suckers. Don’t worry, I won’t be like some experts who do a mock draft every other day from Wild Card weekend until the day of the draft. The reasons for this are:
- I am not an expert
- There can’t be THAT many changes from day-to-day
- I’m too lazy to make that many posts related to the draft
Now you know. And knowing’s half the battle.
Alright let’s get right to my picks followed by some semi-quick analysis:
|1||Cleveland||Myles Garrett, DE (Texas A&M)|
|2||San Francisco||Mitch Trubisky, QB (North Carolina)|
|3||Chicago||DeShone Kizer, QB (Notre Dame)|
|4||Jacksonville||Jonathan Allen, DE (Alabama)|
|5||Tennessee||Marshon Lattimore, CB (Ohio State)|
|6||NY Jets||Reuben Foster, LB (Alabama)|
|7||LA Chargers||Jamal Adams, SS (LSU)|
|8||Carolina||Solomon Thomas, DE (Stanford)|
|9||Cincinnati||Derek Barnett, DE (Tennessee)|
|10||Buffalo||Malik Hooker, FS (Ohio State)|
|11||New Orleans||Teez Tabor, CB (Florida)|
|12||Cleveland||Deshaun Watson, QB (Clemson)|
|13||Arizona||Marlon Humphrey, CB (Alabama)|
|14||Indianapolis||Leonard Fournette, RB (LSU)|
|15||Philadelphia||Mike Williams, WR (Clemson)|
|16||Baltimore||Malik McDowell, DT (Michigan State)|
|17||Washington||Tim Williams, DE (Alabama)|
|18||Tennessee||Corey Davis, WR (Western Michigan)|
|19||Tampa Bay||John Ross, WR (Washington)|
|20||Denver||Ryan Ramczyk, T (Wisconsin)|
|21||Detroit||Taco Charlton, DE (Michigan)|
|22||Miami||O.J. Howard, TE (Alabama)|
|23||NY Giants||Dalvin Cook, RB (Florida State)|
|24||Oakland||Zach Cunningham, LB (Vanderbilt)|
|25||Houston||Jabrill Peppers, LB (Michigan)|
|26||Seattle||Sidney Jones, CB (Washington)|
|27||Kansas City||Jarrad Davis, MLB (Florida)|
|28||Dallas||Carl Lawson, DE (Auburn)|
|29||Green Bay||Takkarist McKinley, DE (UCLA)|
|30||Pittsburgh||David Njoku, TE (Miami)|
|31||Atlanta||Charles Harris, DE (Missouri)|
|32||New England||Cam Robinson, T (Alabama)|
- Despite the fact the Browns need a quarterback in a desperate way, I can’t see them passing on a talent like Myles Garrett. I kind of feel sorry for poor Myles…poor in the psychological sense, not the financial one.
- San Francisco, on the other hand, won’t pass on a quarterback and I am sure they will take Mitch Trubisky who has rocketed up the draft boards since mid-season.
- Oh wait, I forgot. I have Cleveland getting their quarterback with their second pick of the first round. Poor Deshaun Watson.
- I don’t see Jabrill Peppers, despite his talent, being any higher than a lower first round pick. There are a few other defensive players that I would definitely choose above him (Jonathan Allen, Derek Barnett, and even his Michigan teammate Taco Charlton). I will say that whoever selects him (I have Houston at this point) should be very happy with his versatility.
- I think I may be the only person, at this point, to not have New England selecting Christian McCaffrey in the first round. I say at this point because I have a feeling I might end up putting him in a future mock draft as going to the Patriots. The thing is, the Pats don’t need a running back. They have a good duo in Dion Lewis and LeGarrette Blount so why would they take McCaffrey as well?
So that was short and sweet. Nothing much to report on at this point since it’s my first stab at this. I know there will be changes and on draft day I will get most of it wrong but isn’t that the fun of this exercise?
This Saturday is the Senior Bowl on the NFL Network. It starts at 2:30 and we should see at least a few of the players I have mentioned up above. It’s the last bit of college football for seven months so cherish it. I know I will.
Also, news from CTV that Super Bowl (Chun) LI on February 5th will be broadcast on CTV, CTV Two, and all TSN channels (except TSN2). This is the first time ever something like this has happened. I will be very interested to see how this is received by the public. Really, for most people, you are either definitely watching the Super Bowl or avoiding it like the plague. Very few people might or might not watch it. I sincerely hope that this game is a good once since the playoffs as a whole have been terrible….like last year’s New Year’s Six terrible.
Anyway, enjoy the game this weekend (if you wish to watch it). I mean it’s either that or the Pro Bowl. Ugh.