All the bowl games are confirmed. Here they are, with some final notes on the final few selections.
|December 31, 2016||Fiesta Bowl||Clemson||Ohio State|
|December 31, 2016||Peach Bowl||Alabama||Washington|
|January 2, 2017||Sugar Bowl||Auburn||Oklahoma|
|January 2, 2017||Rose Bowl||Penn State||USC|
|January 2, 2017||Cotton Bowl||Wisconsin||Western Michigan|
|December 30, 2016||Orange Bowl||Florida State||Michigan|
|January 2, 2017||Outback Bowl||Florida||Iowa|
|December 31, 2016||TaxSlayer Bowl||Kentucky||Georgia Tech|
|December 31, 2016||Citrus Bowl||LSU||Louisville|
|December 30, 2016||Arizona Bowl||Air Force||South Alabama|
|December 30, 2016||Music City Bowl||Tennessee||Nebraska|
|December 30, 2016||Sun Bowl||Stanford||North Carolina|
|December 30, 2016||Liberty Bowl||Georgia||TCU|
|December 29, 2016||Alamo Bowl||Colorado||Oklahoma State|
|December 29, 2016||Belk Bowl||Arkansas||Virginia Tech|
|December 29, 2016||Birmingham Bowl||South Carolina||USF|
|December 28, 2016||Texas Bowl||Texas A&M||Kansas State|
|December 28, 2016||Russell Athletic Bowl||West Virginia||Miami|
|December 28, 2016||Pinstripe Bowl||Northwestern||Pittsburgh|
|December 27, 2016||Cactus Bowl||Boise State||Baylor|
|December 27, 2016||Holiday Bowl||Minnesota||Washington State|
|December 27, 2016||Military Bowl||Wake Forest||Temple|
|December 27, 2016||Heart of Dallas Bowl||Army||North Texas|
|December 26, 2016||Independence Bowl||Vanderbilt||NC State|
|December 26, 2016||Quick Lane Bowl||Maryland||Boston College|
|December 26, 2016||St. Petersburg Bowl||Miami-OH||Mississippi State|
|December 24, 2016||Hawaii Bowl||Hawaii||Middle Tennessee|
|December 23, 2016||Dollar General Bowl||Ohio||Troy|
|December 23, 2016||Armed Forces Bowl||Navy||Louisiana Tech|
|December 23, 2016||Bahamas Bowl||Old Dominion||Eastern Michigan|
|December 22, 2016||Foster Farms Bowl||Indiana||Utah|
|December 22, 2016||Idaho Potato Bowl||Colorado State||Idaho|
|December 21, 2016||Poinsettia Bowl||BYU||Wyoming|
|December 20, 2016||Boca Raton Bowl||Memphis||Western Kentucky|
|December 19, 2016||Miami Beach Bowl||Tulsa||Central Michigan|
|December 17, 2016||New Orleans Bowl||Southern Miss||UL-Lafayette|
|December 17, 2016||Camellia Bowl||Appalachian State||Toledo|
|December 17, 2016||Cure Bowl||UCF||Arkansas State|
|December 17, 2016||Las Vegas Bowl||Houston||San Diego State|
|December 17, 2016||New Mexico Bowl||New Mexico||UTSA|
- Maryland confirmed for the Quick Lane Bowl against Boston College. Meh.
- The Liberty Bowl gets TCU. The Horned Frogs not as good as in the past decade (other than their first Big XII year) but they always bring it come bowl time. The Liberty Bowl also gets Georgia. This should be a good bowl game.
- South Carolina heading to the Birmingham Bowl to face USF. Shitty stadium but could be a bit of an appealing matchup.
- As expected, Texas A&M goes to the Texas Bowl to face old Big XII rival Kansas State in what should be a dandy.
- Vandy to the Independence Bowl. I would like to see Vandy win this to be honest. Nothing against NC State but Vandy is always the underdog.
- Whoa the Sun Bowl got a great game. Stanford-North Carolina. Count me in!
- The Holiday Bowl gets Washington State and Minnesota. I hope Wazzu throws the ball 100 times.
- The last bowl game confirmed is the Foster Farms Bowl with Indiana facing Utah. I don’t like the Hoosiers’ chances here.
Alright I will update with dates, times, and broadcast information and even bowl rankings over the next week or so. I know I have to update some information like the Foster Farms Bowl actually being on the 28th and on FOX so I will get to all those changes later. At least we are done with the bowl selections for another season. I still wish they did it the way I said they should but I digress.