Alright I will be updating this throughout today until the bowl slots are all filled. Holy shit these came fast and furious. Much faster than last year.
So here are the updated bowl projections (* means confirmed):
|December 31, 2016||Fiesta Bowl||Clemson*||Ohio State*|
|December 31, 2016||Peach Bowl||Alabama*||Washington*|
|January 2, 2017||Sugar Bowl||Auburn*||Oklahoma*|
|January 2, 2017||Rose Bowl||Penn State*||USC*|
|January 2, 2017||Cotton Bowl||Wisconsin*||Western Michigan*|
|December 30, 2016||Orange Bowl||Florida State*||Michigan*|
|January 2, 2017||Outback Bowl||Florida*||Iowa*|
|December 31, 2016||TaxSlayer Bowl||Kentucky*||Georgia Tech*|
|December 31, 2016||Citrus Bowl||LSU*||Louisville*|
|December 30, 2016||Arizona Bowl||Air Force*||South Alabama*|
|December 30, 2016||Music City Bowl||Tennessee*||Nebraska*|
|December 30, 2016||Sun Bowl||Utah||North Carolina*|
|December 30, 2016||Liberty Bowl||Georgia||TCU|
|December 29, 2016||Alamo Bowl||Colorado*||Oklahoma State*|
|December 29, 2016||Belk Bowl||Arkansas*||Virginia Tech*|
|December 29, 2016||Birmingham Bowl||Vanderbilt||USF*|
|December 28, 2016||Texas Bowl||Texas A&M||Kansas State*|
|December 28, 2016||Russell Athletic Bowl||West Virginia*||Miami*|
|December 28, 2016||Pinstripe Bowl||Northwestern*||Pittsburgh*|
|December 27, 2016||Cactus Bowl||Boise State*||Baylor*|
|December 27, 2016||Holiday Bowl||Minnesota||Washington State|
|December 27, 2016||Military Bowl||Wake Forest*||Temple*|
|December 27, 2016||Heart of Dallas Bowl||Army*||North Texas*|
|December 26, 2016||Independence Bowl||South Carolina||NC State*|
|December 26, 2016||Quick Lane Bowl||Maryland||Boston College*|
|December 26, 2016||St. Petersburg Bowl||Miami-OH*||Mississippi State*|
|December 24, 2016||Hawaii Bowl||Hawaii*||Middle Tennessee*|
|December 23, 2016||Dollar General Bowl||Ohio*||Troy*|
|December 23, 2016||Armed Forces Bowl||Navy*||Louisiana Tech*|
|December 23, 2016||Bahamas Bowl||Old Dominion*||Eastern Michigan*|
|December 22, 2016||Foster Farms Bowl||Indiana||Stanford|
|December 22, 2016||Idaho Potato Bowl||Colorado State*||Idaho*|
|December 21, 2016||Poinsettia Bowl||BYU*||Wyoming*|
|December 20, 2016||Boca Raton Bowl||Memphis*||Western Kentucky*|
|December 19, 2016||Miami Beach Bowl||Tulsa*||Central Michigan*|
|December 17, 2016||New Orleans Bowl||Southern Miss*||UL-Lafayette*|
|December 17, 2016||Camellia Bowl||Appalachian State*||Toledo*|
|December 17, 2016||Cure Bowl||UCF*||Arkansas State*|
|December 17, 2016||Las Vegas Bowl||Houston*||San Diego State*|
|December 17, 2016||New Mexico Bowl||New Mexico*||UTSA*|
- Florida and Iowa will head to the Outback Bowl. For some reason this doesn’t feel too exciting.
- Kentucky is heading to the TaxSlayer Bowl to face Georgia Tech. That’s a good game for Mark Stoops and his Wildcats. I don’t know why I kept Georgia there once Georgia Tech was confirmed. Then again, the bids are coming in faster than I can even process them.
- Arkansas goes to Charlotte to play Virginia Tech in the Belk Bowl. Which Hogs team will show up this time?
- Northwestern playing Pitt in the Pinstripe Bowl in another game that just doesn’t look that appealing.
- Kansas State to the Texas Bowl, which was confirmed pretty much as soon as they beat TCU.
- LSU-Louisville is going to be an intriguing matchup in the Citrus.
- Boise State and Baylor will play each other in the Cactus Bowl. Interesting…
- Wake Forest to play Temple in the Military Bowl. If you had said this would happen three years ago, most would have thought you had no idea about college football whatsoever.
- NC State will go to Shreveport for the Independence Bowl. This feels like a punishment rather than a reward.
- Speaking of punishments, Air Force will play South Alabama in the Arizona Bowl. Good luck finding the channel to watch this. This can’t be good for recruiting.
- Boston College to the Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit. Going from Boston to Detroit. Hmmm. At least it’s indoors.
- 11 bowl bids left to hand out.