Alright I will be updating this throughout today until the bowl slots are all filled. Hopefully this doesn’t get too annoying.
So here are the updated bowl projections (* means confirmed):
|December 31, 2016||Fiesta Bowl||Clemson*||Ohio State*|
|December 31, 2016||Peach Bowl||Alabama*||Washington*|
|January 2, 2017||Sugar Bowl||Auburn*||Oklahoma*|
|January 2, 2017||Rose Bowl||Penn State*||USC*|
|January 2, 2017||Cotton Bowl||Wisconsin*||Western Michigan*|
|December 30, 2016||Orange Bowl||Florida State*||Michigan*|
|January 2, 2017||Outback Bowl||Florida||Iowa|
|December 31, 2016||TaxSlayer Bowl||Georgia||Georgia Tech*|
|December 31, 2016||Citrus Bowl||LSU||Louisville*|
|December 30, 2016||Arizona Bowl||Air Force||South Alabama*|
|December 30, 2016||Music City Bowl||Tennessee*||Nebraska*|
|December 30, 2016||Sun Bowl||Utah||North Carolina*|
|December 30, 2016||Liberty Bowl||Arkansas||TCU|
|December 29, 2016||Alamo Bowl||Colorado*||Oklahoma State*|
|December 29, 2016||Belk Bowl||Kentucky||Virginia Tech*|
|December 29, 2016||Birmingham Bowl||Vanderbilt||USF*|
|December 28, 2016||Texas Bowl||Texas A&M||Kansas State|
|December 28, 2016||Russell Athletic Bowl||West Virginia*||Miami*|
|December 28, 2016||Pinstripe Bowl||Maryland||Pittsburgh*|
|December 27, 2016||Cactus Bowl||Boise State||Baylor|
|December 27, 2016||Holiday Bowl||Minnesota||Washington State|
|December 27, 2016||Military Bowl||NC State||Temple*|
|December 27, 2016||Heart of Dallas Bowl||Army*||North Texas*|
|December 26, 2016||Independence Bowl||South Carolina||Northwestern|
|December 26, 2016||Quick Lane Bowl||Wake Forest||Boston College|
|December 26, 2016||St. Petersburg Bowl||Miami-OH*||Mississippi State*|
|December 24, 2016||Hawaii Bowl||Hawaii*||Middle Tennessee*|
|December 23, 2016||Dollar General Bowl||Ohio*||Troy*|
|December 23, 2016||Armed Forces Bowl||Navy*||Louisiana Tech*|
|December 23, 2016||Bahamas Bowl||Old Dominion*||Eastern Michigan*|
|December 22, 2016||Foster Farms Bowl||Indiana||Stanford|
|December 22, 2016||Idaho Potato Bowl||Colorado State*||Idaho*|
|December 21, 2016||Poinsettia Bowl||BYU*||Wyoming*|
|December 20, 2016||Boca Raton Bowl||Memphis*||Western Kentucky*|
|December 19, 2016||Miami Beach Bowl||Tulsa*||Central Michigan*|
|December 17, 2016||New Orleans Bowl||Southern Miss*||UL-Lafayette*|
|December 17, 2016||Camellia Bowl||Appalachian State*||Toledo*|
|December 17, 2016||Cure Bowl||UCF*||Arkansas State*|
|December 17, 2016||Las Vegas Bowl||Houston*||San Diego State*|
|December 17, 2016||New Mexico Bowl||New Mexico*||UTSA*|
- Southern Miss and UL-Lafayette have been officially announced to the New Orleans Bowl. So the Sun Belt #1 pick was UL-Lafayette who finished behind Arkansas State, Appalachian State, Troy, and Idaho. Why do we have these tie-ins again?
- Speaking of App State, they are locked into the Camellia Bowl. They will go against Toledo from the MAC.
- Colorado is “relegated” to the Alamo Bowl to face Oklahoma State. Still good for a team most picked for last in the Pac-12 South (or close to it).
- Louisville heading to the Citrus Bowl. Pretty good consolation prize after not getting picked for the Orange Bowl.
- Miami heading to the Russell Athletic Bowl. Just a few hour drive from home for the Canes. They will face West Virginia in a classic Big East matchup.
- North Texas staying relatively close to home by going to the Heart of Dallas Bowl. They will face Army. Nice to see the Black Knights back in the postseason for the first time in a few years.
- UTSA also not going too far. Their first bowl game ever in program history will be in Albuquerque. They will be facing the home team Lobos from New Mexico. Saying that out loud sounds like Greg Gumbel telling us the March Madness selection for the 8-9 game in the West region.
- Tulsa and Central Michigan will clash in the Miami Beach Bowl. This game is on at 2:30 on the Monday before Christmas. Welcome to my PVR.
- Navy has their opponent in the Armed Forces Bowl in Louisiana Tech.
- Troy stays in-state by going to the Dollar General Bowl in Mobile. Their opponent will be the Fighting Soliches of Ohio.
- Tennessee and Nebraska at the Music City Bowl means probably a packed house. Good choice.
- Middle Tennessee gets a trip to Hawaii! Good for them. They will face the Rainbow Warriors and hopefully they can get a good turnout since the Hawaii Bowl has been plagued by a lack of fans the past few years.
- Idaho doesn’t get Boise State in the Idaho Potato Bowl. They will get Colorado State instead.
- Virginia Tech going to the Belk Bowl after the Belk Bowl tweeted out last night that Alabama would not be playing there. Glad they clarified that.
- Pittsburgh also not going too far for their bowl game. They head to the Bronx for the Pinstripe Bowl.
- To me, Willie Taggart and USF are getting punished by going to the Birmingham Bowl. But it’s still a bowl game I guess…
- The Sun Bowl, on CBS, again gets no SEC teams. North Carolina which is as close to an SEC team as you will get without it being an SEC team, is heading to El Paso.
- Georgia Tech somehow goes to the TaxSlayer Bowl. Hmmm, some of these bowl tie-ins are not being adhered to that well.