Well at least I’m not. You kind of need money and a reason to travel there to do that. Plus, it seems like the prerequisite for traveling is to take at least 100 pictures per day and to post them on social media as fast as possible. I don’t know if I could keep up that pace.
Alright two things occur this weekend in the NFL. One, we now get into bye weeks. Two, MORNING FOOTBAW!! Or as it should be stated, Morning American Football in jolly old England. So here’s the full sked and a hodge-podge of info afterwards.
|Indianapolis vs. Jacksonville (in London)||9:30, CBS, CTV|
|Buffalo at New England||Minneapolis, Buffalo, Rochester, Burlington, Boston||Winnipeg, Northern Ontario, Kitchener, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Atlantic||CKPR, CHEX, CKWS|
|Cleveland at Washington||Cleveland|
|Oakland at Baltimore|
|Tennessee at Houston|
|Seattle at NY Jets||Tacoma, Seattle, Spokane, Buffalo, Rochester, Burlington||BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan||All affiliates||CITL, CJDC, CFTK|
|Detroit at Chicago||Minneapolis, Detroit|
|Carolina at Atlanta|
|Denver at Tampa Bay||Seattle, Spokane, Detroit||TSN2|
|Dallas at San Francisco||All affiliates||BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Winnipeg, Northern Ontario, Kitchener, Toronto, Ottawa||Atlantic||CKPR, CHEX, CKWS, CITL|
|Los Angeles at Arizona|
|New Orleans at San Diego|
|Kansas City at Pittsburgh||Sunday, 8:30, NBC/TSN1/4/5|
|NY Giants at Minnesota||Monday, 8:30, TSN 1/3/4/5*|
Hodge-Podge of Info
- Yes, the first London game of the year as the Colts and Jags square off in a game that would have probably been in about 200 households in the United States (and none in Canada). So at least people will be able to watch it now.
- Pretty much everyone gets Buffalo-New England and Seattle-NY Jets for the early game and rightfully so. To be honest it is one of the more dreadful early Sunday schedules you will see all year. Even the games being shown in most places don’t exactly scream signature matchups. I guess it’s good this in Week 4 and not, say, Week 14.
- Late game, most of you get Dallas-San Francisco. If this was even three years ago I would say “Hell yeah this is a HUGE game.” But the Niners are awful. One of about six NFL teams who would face relegation if that existed.
- Back to the point I made about signature games, is there even one this week? Could this be one of the worst scheduled weeks in recent NFL history? It sure seems so. Now I don’t feel so bad about only being able to watch here and there on Sunday.
- The Giants-Vikings game is on four TSN stations but only two starting at 8:30. The Senators-Jets NHL exhibition game is on TSN 3 and 5 from 8 until around 10:30. Once that game is done both stations will go the NYG-Minny game in progress.
Let’s try gambling, shall we?
Well it had to end at some point. I really shit the bed last week. So let’s try again because, well, to be honest I don’t have a good answer for that.
Jacksonville over Indianapolis
New England over Buffalo
Washington over Cleveland
Oakland over Baltimore
Tennessee over Houston
Seattle over NY Jets
Chicago over Detroit
Carolina over Atlanta
Denver over Tampa Bay
Dallas over San Francisco
Arizona over Los Angeles
New Orleans over San Diego
Pittsburgh over Kansas City
NY Giants over Minnesota
I will be watching the guides for the college football games throughout the day, hoping for any sort of update since there are a few that have to occur for the schedule. Enjoy the games this weekend everyone!