If I get to V-8 then someone should make me stop. Maybe waterboard me with V-8. Wow, that would be awful.
Yes the trades done by Philly, Miami, Kansas City, and Cleveland have altered the draft order well in advance of draft day which is April 28th (for the first round) and they’re in Chicago again. I can’t wait for the day they send it to Cleveland to see the thousands of hapless Browns fans getting to see, in person, the next draft pick they will destroy. Anyway, here’s the next gen of the mock draft with some shit added on afterwards:
|1||Tennessee||Laremy Tunsil, T, Ole Miss|
|2||Cleveland||Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State|
|3||San Diego||Jalen Ramsey, DB, Florida State|
|4||Dallas||DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon|
|5||Jacksonville||Myles Jack, LB, UCLA|
|6||Baltimore||Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida|
|7||San Francisco||Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State|
|8||Philadelphia||Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State|
|9||Tampa Bay||Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson|
|10||NY Giants||Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss|
|11||Chicago||Ronnie Stanley, T, Notre Dame|
|12||New Orleans||Noah Spence, DE, Eastern Kentucky|
|13||Miami||Taylor Decker, T, Ohio State|
|14||Oakland||Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson|
|15||Los Angeles||Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State|
|16||Detroit||Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor|
|17||Atlanta||Sheldon Rankins, DE, Louisville|
|18||Indianapolis||Jack Conklin, T, Michigan State|
|19||Buffalo||A’Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama|
|20||NY Jets||Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis|
|21||Washington||Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama|
|22||Houston||Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State|
|23||Minnesota||Joshua Garnett, G, Stanford|
|24||Cincinnati||Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama|
|25||Pittsburgh||Leonard Floyd, LB, Georgia|
|26||Seattle||Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech|
|27||Green Bay||Jaylon Smith, LB, Notre Dame|
|28||Cleveland||Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson|
|29||Arizona||William Jackson, CB, Houston|
|30||Carolina||Le’Raven Clark, T, Texas Tech|
|31||Denver||Jared Goff, QB, California|
|32||Kansas City||Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor|
|33||Tennessee||Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech|
|34||Dallas||Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State|
|35||San Diego||Jason Spriggs, T, Indiana|
|36||Baltimore||Josh Doctson, WR, TCU|
|37||San Francisco||Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State|
|38||Jacksonville||Justin Simmons, S, Boston College|
|39||Tampa Bay||Robert Nkemdiche, DE, Ole Miss|
|40||NY Giants||Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State|
|41||Chicago||Germain Ifedi, T, Texas A&M|
|42||Miami||Su’a Cravens, LB, Arizona|
|43||Los Angeles||Nick Martin, C, Notre Dame|
|44||Oakland||Cody Whitehair, G, Kansas State|
|45||Los Angeles||Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame|
|46||Detroit||Tavon Young, CB, Temple|
|47||New Orleans||Chris Jones, DT, Mississippi State|
|48||Indianapolis||Vonn Bell, S, Ohio State|
|49||Buffalo||Shilique Calhoun, DE, Michigan State|
|50||Atlanta||Keanu Neal, S, Florida|
|51||NY Jets||Charles Tapper, OLB, Oklahoma|
|52||Houston||Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama|
|53||Washington||Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA|
|54||Minnesota||Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State|
|55||Cincinnati||Adolphus Washington, DT, Ohio State|
|56||Seattle||Austin Johnson, DT, Penn State|
|57||Green Bay||Yannick Ngokoue, LB, Maryland|
|58||Pittsburgh||Darian Thompson, S, Boise State|
|59||Kansas City||Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma State|
|60||New England||Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma|
|61||Arizona||Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia|
|62||Carolina||Kamalei Correia, DE, Boise State|
|63||Denver||Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas|
- Laremy Tunsil and Carson Wentz are still holding down the top two spots in the draft. To be honest, at this point, I can’t see that changing unless somehow chaos happens and the Titans or Browns trade their pick. I am hoping this happens.
- Joey Bosa seems to have fallen a bit on my draft board (that makes me sound so official). I still have him top ten but only due to Philly moving into the top ten after their trade with Miami. I think it’s in Joey’s best interest not to be selected by the Browns anyway.
- DeForest Buckner out of Oregon has moved up the ladder to the 4 spot and has replaced Bosa as the top defensive lineman in the draft. I have Buckner going to Dallas but Bosa going there would probably make him a god.
- Noah Spence has dropped from #3 (in my first mock) to #12 in this mock. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him drop closer to the #20 spot by the time the draft comes around.
- Paxton Lynch and Jared Goff have dropped back down to the lower first round as I am again not too bullish on quarterbacks not named Carson. If the Broncos do get Goff with their first round pick that would be a bit of a coup.
- I have included a second round mock as well. Josh Doctson, Christian Hackenberg, and Su’a Cravens fall here although all three could move up. Hackenberg is a bit of a surprise as he has motored up most experts’ lists, including at least one mock that has him going to the Broncos to end the first round. That would be a bad pick in my estimation but he must be doing something right at the Combine and at the Pro Days.
OK that’s enough analysis for now. I’m not Mel Kiper or Mike Mayock. I have other things to do.
I’m sure I will get around to Version Four of the mock draft considering we have a little over five weeks until the first round begins.
Also, for you March Madness fans, what a tournament it has been. I will brag right now and mention I was one of those people that had a perfect first day. Then it has got steadily worse since. Saying that, I have Oklahoma as my pick to win it all so I still have a shot at some very small prizes. Yay me I guess.