No Romo? HUGE PROBLEM! Actually to be honest, I think before Romo was injured was a smokeshow. The Cowboys were never that good this season and now it is showing. With Romo done for the season now, this team could end up with the #1 overall pick which would be VERY interesting.
Anyway, let’s get to the schedule. This is gonna be quick:
|1:00||Minnesota at Atlanta||FOX (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Northwestern Ontario, Western Ontario, K/W-Cambridge, Guelph, Ottawa-Gatineau)/CTV (Vancouver, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Winnipeg, Ottawa)|
|1:00||St. Louis at Cincinnati||FOX (Eastern Canada)|
|1:00||New Orleans at Houston||No TV|
|1:00||Tampa Bay at Indianapolis||No TV|
|1:00||San Diego at Jacksonville||No TV|
|1:00||Buffalo at Kansas City||CBS (Golden Horseshoe, GTA, Peterborough, Kingston, Belleville)/CTV (Northern Ontario, Kitchener, Toronto)|
|1:00||Oakland at Tennessee||CBS (BC, Alberta)/TSN2|
|1:00||NY Giants at Washington||FOX (Northern Ontario, Belleville, Cornwall, Quebec)/CTV (Montreal)|
|1:00||Miami at NY Jets||CBS (Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Northwestern Ontario, Northern Ontario, Western Ontario, K/W-Cambridge, Guelph, Ottawa-Gatineau, Cornwall, Quebec, Eastern Canada)/CTV (Atlantic)|
|4:05||Arizona at San Francisco||FOX (Golden Horseshoe, GTA, Peterborough, Kingston)/CTV2 (Vancouver Island, Alberta, Ontario)|
|4:25||Pittsburgh at Seattle||CBS (all of Canada)/CTV (all of Canada (except Atlantic))/CTV2 (Atlantic)|
|8:30||New England at Denver||NBC/TSN2|
|8:30||Baltimore at Cleveland||TSN1/TSN3/TSN4/TSN5|
Quick Notes on the schedule
- As you have probably noticed, the Sunday nighter is only on NBC and TSN2 because of this little thing called the Grey Cup going on that night on the rest of the TSNs. For you CFL fans, the Edmonton Eskimos try to rip out the hearts of an entire city when they face the team with arguably the worst name in pro sports history, the Ottawa Redblacks. The city of Ottawa hasn’t tasted Grey Cup success since before I was born (1976). They have gone through more franchises in that timespan (they’re on their third) than winning seasons (this is the first since 1979). I kind of hope the Rouge-Noirs do win because otherwise we may be out of a team in Ottawa in five years (if history has taught us anything).
- Three games aren’t showing this week on Canadian television and all three are probably games that no one would probably turn to anyway.
- I was so looking forward to Johnny Football doing his thing the rest of the season. Well it appears his thing is standing on the sideline looking like a doofus. What a shitshow that kid is. I don’t mind when an athlete is successful and THEN goes out and parties and gets all the women. But when you were successful in college and have done sweet fuck-all in the pros, you might want to tone it down a bit Gianni Bottle Service. You aren’t Gronk. Don’t pretend you are.
Some Quick Picks
I sincerely hope Baltimore and Cleveland play to a scoreless draw. Well, wait maybe not. Mike Tirico may throw himself out of the press box to his death if that happens. Other picks:
- Buffalo over Kansas City (hey why not, someone has to get that last Wild-Card spot)
- New England over Denver (have they clinched the AFC East yet?)
- Arizona over San Francisco (have they clinched the NFC West yet?)
- NY Giants over Washington (someone has to win the NFC East)
Alright here is what I see for the next three days:
- A lot of football today
- A lot of football tomorrow
- A lot of football Sunday
Got it? Good.