Seriously, it’s like the BlackBerry took all the crappy parts of the old BlackBerry and made it into a shitty poor man’s Apple product. Complete crap.
Anyway, Week 11 recap. Lots of goings on and some BCS shakeup, although it is starting to look like it won’t matter. More on that in a bit.
- That call in the Buffalo-Ohio game still boggles my mind. Why in the hell is that not reviewable? Me thinks that becomes the second thing that will be changed this summer during NCAA meetings (the first being the insane targeting rule).
- It has been said on many sites but no way a one-loss Stanford is higher in the year-end BCS rankings than an undefeated Baylor.
- We needed some BCS shakeup. Now it’s Alabama and Florida State unless something drastic happens. I hope something does.
- Is it time to say that Auburn could be the team that ends Alabama’s unbeaten season? They may be the only team that has a chance.
- Congratulations to Vanderbilt for their big win over Florida. Or were they facing a very inferior Gators team? Will Muschamp could be in big trouble in Gainesville.
- I am still perplexed at the lack of love for Minnesota. For that matter there should be a bit more love for Duke as well who now has a chance to take control of their division. I repeat…DUKE…could take control….of their division. They could face FSU in the ACC Championship. Unreal.
- For all the love Ed Orgeron is getting at USC, remember what he did at Ole Miss. He was a terrible coach there and made the Rebs the laughing stock of the SEC for the years he was there.
- Notre Dame’s BCS hopes are dashed. Thank god.
- Remember when Tulane had a shot at the C-USA West Division title? They just lost to UTSA. They should be happy they are going to a bowl before heading off to the American next season.
Updated Bowl Projections
Yes I get it, they’re still too early. I don’t care. I am feeding my inner Jerry Palm. That sentence looks disgusting.
|New Mexico Bowl||Arizona||San Jose State|
|Las Vegas Bowl||USC||Boise State|
|Idaho Potato Bowl||UNLV||Buffalo|
|New Orleans Bowl||UL-Lafayette||Tulane|
|Beef O’Brady’s Bowl||Maryland||Marshall|
|Hawaii Bowl||Colorado State||North Texas|
|Little Caesar’s Pizza Bowl||Northwestern||Ball State|
|Poinsettia Bowl||San Diego State||North Carolina|
|Military Bowl||Boston College||Rice|
|Texas Bowl||Iowa||Kansas State|
|Fight Hunger Bowl||Washington||BYU*|
|Pinstripe Bowl||West Virginia||Rutgers|
|Russell Athletic Bowl||Miami||Louisville|
|Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl||Minnesota||Oklahoma|
|Armed Forces Bowl||Utah State||Navy|
|Music City Bowl||Vanderbilt||Syracuse|
|Alamo Bowl||Oklahoma State||UCLA|
|Holiday Bowl||Texas Tech||Arizona State|
|AdvoCare Bowl||Middle Tennessee||Georgia Tech|
|Sun Bowl||Oregon State||Virginia Tech|
|Liberty Bowl||Ole Miss||East Carolina|
|Heart of Dallas Bowl||Michigan||Utah|
|Capital One Bowl||South Carolina||Michigan State|
|Rose Bowl||Ohio State||Stanford|
|Fiesta Bowl||Baylor||Fresno State|
|Cotton Bowl||Texas A&M||Texas|
|BBVA Compass Bowl||Tennessee||Houston|
|GoDaddy Bowl||Northern Illinois||Arkansas State|
|BCS National Championship||Alabama||Florida State|
With Notre Dame truly out of the BCS mix, this becomes a tiny bit easier. Fresno State should outlast Northern Illinois for that final BCS spot. UCF gets in as the American champion. One spot left. With the SEC filling up their two spots, Oregon becomes an easy choice as the next best at-large teams at this point would be Clemson, Oklahoma State, and UCLA. There will be quite a few teams on the outside looking in, possibly as high as 9 teams who are bowl-eligible could be left out. This is the kind of scenario that allows these new bowls to pop up. Don’t get me wrong, I love college football but it is getting to be a bit too much.
Scheduling information will come either Wednesday or Thursday. Who am I kidding, it will be Thursday. Bell won’t have any info before them. As of right now we have Ohio-Bowling Green tomorrow might on the specialty pack. Loser has no shot at the MAC East. If BG wins, they have a defacto MAC East championship game against Buffalo at Ralph Wilson Stadium later this month. Should be a good one. Wednesday night has two games, Ball State-Northern Illinois for the MAC West championship and Miami(OH)- Kent State as well. Both games on the specialty pack. As for Thursday, looks like Marshall-Tulsa on SN360 and some MEAC action on the specialty pack.